Checotah Emergency Services
P: (918) 843-1016
PREPARE. PLAN. MITIGATE.
- Prepare an emergency kit to last 72 hours
- Include 2 gallons water for each person in household
- extra batteries for flashlights and an all hazards radio
Develop an evacuation plan
- Practice your plan monthly.
- Know your families meeting place.
- Mitigate the problems with your plan
Tornado Sirens are tested the first Saturday of each month. Checotah has (3) three sirens located in the following locations:
- Charlie's Chicken
- Marshall Elementary
- Alternative School
Click here to register a storm shelter.
Checotah is a participant in the OKFirst weather software. During a TORNADO WARNING the City of Checotah will open up the Multiple-Purpose Building located on SW 2nd St at Checotah Intermediate School.
Rules for use of the public shelter:
- NO PETS ALLOWED DUE TO SAFTEY OF OTHERS
- NO SMOKING OR ALCOHOL USE ALLOWED
- All people choosing to use the shelter must go into locker rooms
- No one is allowed inside gymnasium due to safety concerns
NOTE: We will NOT sound an all clear to signal you that the tornado is past.
The Ambulance Department is licensed with the State of Oklahoma as a Basic Life Support Service. The Department operates with individual protocols (allows the Department to perform advance life support)
The department currently employs 8 full-time and 14 part-time people. The service is currently under the direction of Jerry Lewis.
EMS holds monthly in-services for continued education on the first Thursday of every month.
CPR classes are available as needed. We are planning a Fall Health Fair, date, time and place will be posted at a later time.
The coverage area of Checotah EMS is all of McIntosh County approximatily 600 miles, averaging 900 runs per year.
If you need an Emergency Ambulance, please call (918) 473-6336.
Volunteer Fire Department