The groundhog had his say back in February and by now we all know he was right, but hang on because springtime is on the way! As the cold temperatures, ice and snow of the recent past give way to rain showers, sunshine and blue skies, thoughts of moving forward in a hopeful and more positive manner begin to take root and grow. We here at city hall wish to reflect that attitude as we continue to strive to meet the needs of the citizens, addressing any concerns and serving the public in a helpful and constructive way.
Click here to read more
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Who do I speak with about my deposit or my water bill?
A: You can call Customer Service at (918) 473-5411
Q: How do I pay my water bill?
A: You can either mail it in to City Hall or you can come by.
City Hall's address is:
414 W Gentry, Checotah, OK 74426
Q: Where can I view city fees?
A: Click here to see City of Checotah Posted Fees.
Welcome to Checotah
The City of Checotah is nestled among the intersection of I-40 and US HWY 69. The traffic count on the highways combined is approximately 20,000 per day. Checotah is near Lake Eufaula, which was once the largest manmade lake in the nation, with 640 miles of shoreline. Checotah is home to a large number of antique malls, a Civil War battle site and a downtown historic district.
- Provide a safe and secure community environment.
- Provide the highest quality public services to the community with equality and fairness.
- Attract and retain highly motivated and qualified employees committed to fulfilling the community's expectations.
- Provide a safe work environment for all of our employees while demanding quality workmanship and efficient performance.
- Encourage and embrace innovative ideas and concepts.
- Provide responsible and accountable stewardship.
- Create an atmosphere that will promote, develop, retain and encourage economic activity.
- Invest in neighborhood vitality and sustainability.
- Encourage a sense of community through civic partnerships and citizen involvement.